Thursday, March 8, 2018

A Quick Post, turns into a long Update!


"Two Feather Lady" Mixed media on canvas 10" x 8"
Hi Myra!
It's International Womens Day! Happy International Womens Day woman! LoL!
Here is my quick post that is taking forever because my computer decided it was time for a lengthy update.... stay calmmmm.....
I believe this "Two Feather Lady"is finished and ready to celebrate her international accomplishments.
Here she is before I got too carried away and forgot to take before photos:
Thanks Martha Carlson for suggesting I add pearls!
There are three pieces of paper glued onto this canvas, but only one is visible in the final product. Hmmm. All good. See that yellow up there? That is before I started adding a tiny bit of dioxazine purple to tone it down. Looks gold or ochre now.

Sailboats, sailboats galore! A few little snaps of my sailboat progress...
This one above was the first one I finished, then...
Bamm, out flew two more! The penny is there to give an idea of the size of these "itty bitty's".
And last but not least.... the model sailboat arrived!
Portraits, portraits.... I need to practice portraits!! Hey, maybe an elf portrait.

Aaaaa..... I better go to work, my computer is finally updated. 😅
-jM




1 comment:

  1. oh wow! everything is so beautiful and she is one glamorous lady! I love her colors and textures! So beautiful! And the boats! what a great series! I see those wine glasses in the background of the boats...makes me want a martini with an olive and it's only nine o'clock!

    ReplyDelete