Saturday, February 3, 2018

Am I making you crazy yet?

Did I show you what this one has under it? You're not going to believe this!
I think I covered this up!
Yesterday/last night I was going crazy, I took extra photos for you...
This was the beginning of the disaster.

This is where I glued with gel medium, a small painting I did on newspaper, onto the disaster.

This was the beginning of another mishap.

My brain was getting like silly putty.

Here, let's just cover it.

I should have gone home.

Getting desperate here, used a stencil and gel medium to make the white marks that will dry clear.

The gel medium I used and the card I used to spread it using the stencil.

My table top is a plastic that the paint will peel off  of, ideally.

See this book page and that soft pinkish dry paint on my table?

I glued the page to the paint and the table and it's still there today. When I get back to the studio, I will try to carefully lift or peel it away from the table and see if the paint underneath adhered to the page. I love fun surprises, I hope it's a good one!

I think the gel is dry, but I've lost hope in the painting. 

Sorry for the late text last night, I was losing it! I think my phone camera is crashing too, that mat is white, not off white in reality. 😜

I don't even know what was under here anymore...

Drying... this is before I put a transparent golden color over the whole painting.

Here is a larger piece I'm working on. I just looked at it upside down for a while.

A few more attempts... something is wrong with my phone.

I scrubbed it with isopropyl alcohol. The mat is still the wrong color so the painting color here can't be right.

I'm going to take a break this weekend and try again on Monday! Have a great weekend Myra, thanks for listening! Thank you Harvey too!  
-jM
PS: My horoscope for the day- ha ha ha ha ha.......

CAREER


Don't worry if you can't make a decision right now. After all it's the weekend and you're entitled to a day of complete inactivity -- physical and mental. Just enjoy the downtime. You can get back to the grind on Monday
.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I put 20 photos up, no wonder it took so long! Hah.
    Yes, number 19 and 20 are the same... frustration was too high last night, so I took it out with alcohol! Isopropyl that is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! what a roller coaster ride of work! I have to say that I enjoyed ALL of the photos...I love your materials and methods! I am sure that you will get 20 back up and running! 19 was beautiful...I wish I could have stopped you before you grabbed that alcohol! But since art is an adventure and you are an adventurer...everything is gonna be all right!!! you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete