Sunday, February 11, 2018

Watch Out This is Bigger Than It Looks!

"Penny in the Snow"  Mixed Media on Canvas 6ft x 4ft
Good morning Myra,
Here is the big project we've been working on! Ha ha ha. Thanks for your help.
Not quite finished here, I just needed to set it upright and see what it looks like!
Here is a little detail for you.
Detail--- Bottom Left Corner
Why "Penny in the Snow"? Well, for some reason Randy was talking about gluing a penny to the floor at Walmart and watching people try to pick it up! ... And....I have a sister George, that runs outside a lot! She picks up a lot of coins when she's out on her treks. I decided to put this penny in the snow, in her honor! Ha ha ha 😂
My sisters' small find.
Here is a movie for you.......part 1.....


I'll put part 2 here soon.... for now, have a great Sunday!
-jM

4 comments:

  1. wow! JM! what a great work of art! What a great idea to have the penny in the snow. It kind of mirrors his round impressionist nose! The colors are sublime! You can see the snow falling and the wind blowing! Watch out tho! Your sister might steal that penny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I told you before...this painting puts me in mind of the winter Olympics. My favorites are the skiers. I especially love the ones who jump way up in the air and do several rotations before they sky down that slope! Remember when we used to do that? (not). Anyhoo...with your snowman you creatively painted fresh new snow just like they use! Good job kid!!!!!! what's next on the agenda?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the movie too...can't wait for the next episode!

    ReplyDelete