Wednesday, February 28, 2018

What About Portraits?

Detail.... again...
Hi Myra,

I'm still working on this big deal. I'm going to be stubborn and I'm not stopping on this one until it's finished... in my eyes.

Here is an earlier in the day photo... and one photo of me next to it so you can see the size.


Four foot by Four foot....
 I recorded some of my thoughts last night on the way home from the studio. I thought I would play them for you but I don't know how to get a recording in here yet. So I guess I'll have to transcribe them for you instead...

"Hi Myra, this is JanettMarie, I felt like quitting painting today, but I didn't. It was a different day, I almost stopped on a painting, then I thought I'll just keep painting... and it was more of a calm paint, so I'm thinking, well sometimes you work crazy fast and sometimes you have a calm painting or a calm day. So that's what it is and it's still going and now that I'm on my way home, I'm thinking, I'm glad I stayed and I'm glad I worked at it.... give it a chance, it might come along. I'll show you the painting... I'll talk to you soon, bye....
I want to add, I was so nervous about this painting I was eating cookies... cookies! Not just one, not just two.... I think I had five cookies!!"

Okay, today it seems a little funny, but it's not. Now my thought for the day is "I should practice drawing portraits"... what do you  think? I've always wanted to get like able to draw a quick great portrait of anyone... crazy.

Talk to you later, 😊
-jM


7 comments:

  1. oh wow! when did we start sharing the same brain! The painting is beautiful! At the beginning of the month I was way up and drawing and painting away. Yesterday I too was thinking about quitting...I am starting to think that for some artists...it's what we do...right before we rally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we quit right before we rally and have some of the best painting days of our lives. maybe it's the end of the month painting blues! lol! Portraits? Right on girl! Some times we have to add different things to our portfolio! lol! Today instead of leaving faces blank...I started used daubs and dabs of color for faces...and I didn't even have any cookies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so...go ahead and quit at 12:59 as long as you start painting again at 1:00. It's what we do!!!!!!!! Did Degas go thru this? What about Monet? We know for sure van gogh right? Time for some cookies!!!!! later!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and remember...you can do it all!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh one more thing...I decided to just do some marker sketches for awhile too! loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. one more one more thing...that painting really looks good on the wall! love those colors too!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete